Harley and I had a rough time getting Avery here with us. I was told from a few Doctors that I would never be able to carry a child full term...meaning never being able to have a child of my own. This was devastating news for me but, Harley always had more faith than I did. He refused to believe that I was barren. We tried fertility with no luck....
Soon, I started talking about adoption and decided to enroll in school. I figured we could adopt a child when I was finished with my program and had established myself in a job....
Then, the unthinkable happened...
I got knocked up!!!lol

Anyone who knows Avery know how stubborn she is! Avery was full term when she was born but, there were complications. The cord was wrapped around her neck and at the LAST minute of the delivery she went into distress. The NICU code team had to do CPR and intubate her. I remember thinking "We came ALL this way, Avery, PLEASE don't give up on us"!....
....She didn't. She was the biggest baby in the NICU. She weighed 7.4lbs. when she was born. It was tough to watch my baby with all the tubes attached to her. Harley, Avery and I are so lucky to have such wonderful family that were so reassuring during this time.
237+%3D36+%3D973%3DXROQDF%292323%3B33%3B+59+9ot1lsi.jpg)
Finally bringing Avery home was the best yet scariest feeling I've ever had. I thought to myself "We almost lost her at the hospital how do they expect us to take care of her at home"!!!....
....Well, we did! Here she is in her first week at home doing what she loves the most...taking a bath!!!
Soon, I started talking about adoption and decided to enroll in school. I figured we could adopt a child when I was finished with my program and had established myself in a job....
Then, the unthinkable happened...
I got knocked up!!!lol

Anyone who knows Avery know how stubborn she is! Avery was full term when she was born but, there were complications. The cord was wrapped around her neck and at the LAST minute of the delivery she went into distress. The NICU code team had to do CPR and intubate her. I remember thinking "We came ALL this way, Avery, PLEASE don't give up on us"!....
....She didn't. She was the biggest baby in the NICU. She weighed 7.4lbs. when she was born. It was tough to watch my baby with all the tubes attached to her. Harley, Avery and I are so lucky to have such wonderful family that were so reassuring during this time.
237+%3D36+%3D973%3DXROQDF%292323%3B33%3B+59+9ot1lsi.jpg)
Finally bringing Avery home was the best yet scariest feeling I've ever had. I thought to myself "We almost lost her at the hospital how do they expect us to take care of her at home"!!!....
....Well, we did! Here she is in her first week at home doing what she loves the most...taking a bath!!!
Avery went camping with the family when she was only 4 months old! She did awesome and we as parents were glad that she seemed to be an outdoor kinda girl!!!;}
237+%3D36+%3D973%3DXROQDF%292323%3B33%3B+464+ot1lsi.jpg)
Now here she is at her second birthday party! What a beautiful girl!!! It has been so awesome and a huge challenge raising this little stinker so far! She is so much fun, so lovable and such a handful all at the same time!
Harley and I feel so lucky to have such good family and friends and so many people that love our little Avery.
Opening presents was a bit of a challenge...I guess when you're 2 the attention span isn't quite as long as a parent wants it to be!!lol
Avery has been obsessed with Mickey Mouse for a while now...so we did what any parent would do and got her a Mickey Mouse cake! She LOVED it. We sang Happy Birthday to her~twice~and she knew exactly what to do when the song was over...blow out her candles!
Before the festivities really kicked off, Avery had a nap with Aunt Heather on the couch. We were glad to see her get some rest before the big event.


5 comments:
Oh man! I am so bummed we were not there. I miss that little sassy thing! I am glad for all your hard works sake that it all went well. It looked like a full house! Happy birthday Av's. Aunt Jess loves you so tons and your little cousin's are missing you SO MUCH. See you soon!
Awww, what a cute post! What a cutie that Avery is. Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Avery! Your a specail little girl!
I remember going through those same feelings you were, in decission making time for having kids & doctors not so hopefull I am glad that you were able to have her & your new one on the way, they are true blessings no matter how they come into this world, just that they have loving parents!
Ang, your a such a sweet chick, I miss working with you & I know that your little girl & soon baby boy are so lucky to have you as there mommy:) wonderful post!
What a cutie, Angie! It's amazing she's already 2!!
I remember when Miss Avery was born like yesterday. I pray Cash will come in a much smoother fashion. Ave's Birthday was just so fun. She has many who love her dearly...
Post a Comment